Duromine vs Adipex-P
Duromine and Adipex-P are two brand names of one well-known medication Phentermine, which was approved for obesity treatment in 1959. Duromine and Adipex-P are both appetite suppressants, used for anti-obesity therapy along with diet therapy and physical activity.
Despite the fact that these slimming medications (Duromine and Adipex-P) contain Phentermine and provide the same therapeutic effect, they have several differences (such as country where you can buy them; pharmaceutical form; duration of therapeutic effect; indications for use and dosage of Phentermine in each of these diet pills).
1. Duromine weight loss medication is available in Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Malaysia and some others. Manufacturer of Duromine is iNova Pharmaceuticals. Duromine is available in capsules of 15 mg, 30 mg and 40 mg of Phentermine as an ion-exchange resin complex.
Adipex-P is available only in the USA. Manufacturer of Adipex-P is Teva Pharmaceutical Industries LTD. Teva produces Adipex-P in tablets and capsules. Each capsule and tablet of Adipex-P contains 37.5 mg of Phentermine hydrochloride (equivalent to 30mg of Phentermine base).
2. Duromine appeared first on the Australian market in 1991. In 1980, Adipex-P appeared at the U.S. pharmacies first in tablets. In 1983, Teva started to produce Adipex-P 37.5 mg capsules.
3. Duration of anorexigenic effect after the application of Duromine capsules is about 25 hours. Due to an ion-exchange resin complex, Phentermine is released from capsules gradually, within 10-14 hours.
Maximal concentration of Phentermine in the blood plasma after the application of Adipex-P 37.5 mg tablets or capsules reaches 3-4 hours. Anorexigenic effect of Adipex-P lasts approximately 8-10 hours.
4. Adipex-P slimming pills are not designed for pediatric patients. Adipex-P is prescribed to patients over 16 years old with BMI 27 and higher.
Duromine diet capsules are prescribed for obesity treatment in children of 12 years old and older. Besides, Duromine is prescribed when there are some risk factors (diabetes mellitus, dyslipidemia) in BMI 25 or higher.
5. In medical practice, Adipex-P tablets or capsules can replace Duromine easily. If a person was prescribed with Duromine 30 mg, he can change it for Adipex-P 37.5 mg capsules or tablets (equivalent to 30 mg of Phentermine base).
Adipex-P tablets are the only tablets containing Phentermine that can be divided into halves. If a person was prescribed with Duromine 15 mg, he can take one-half of Adipex-P 18.75 mg (equivalent to 15 mg of Phentermine base). Adipex-P capsules and tablets are produced in the dose of 40 mg. Therefore, Adipex-P cannot be taken instead of Duromine 40 mg.
Duromine and Adipex-P act on hypothalamus in the brain, stimulating adrenal glands to release norepinephrine. After that, these appetite suppressants and neurotransmitter send a saturation signal to the hypothalamus.
Phentermine also acts on the periphery, which helps to burn the accumulated fat. However, the main mechanism of Phentermine action is appetite suppression. In addition, Phentermine (Duromine, Adipex-P) induces the release of dopamine and serotonin, but less than norepinephrine.
Adipex-P and Duromine diet pills reduce the appetite significantly and a person does not feel hunger. Phentermine weight loss medication (including Duromine, Adipex-P) is prescribed as a short-term adjunct to a non-drug therapy of obesity.
Adipex-P or Duromine slimming pills must be a part of a complex weight loss plan, which involves physical exercises and a low-calorie diet. The thing is that Phentermine (Adipex-P or Duromine) only helps to lose weight, meaning it increases the effectiveness of weight loss programs.
During anti-obesity therapy with Phentermine (Duromine or Adipex-P), doctors recommend to use more fresh fruit and vegetables, wholesome beans, small servings of lean protein and sufficient amount of water.